March Monthly Update
View the full email here.
Daylight savings is quickly approaching which means it’s time to officially kickoff the triathlon season! Below is the list of upcoming club events this month you won’t want to miss out on. We’d also like to announce our new Volunteer page on the website which is a one stop shop for all the upcoming volunteer opportunities! Right now you can sign-up to volunteer for all events through June, but continue to check back for added opportunities throughout the year.
We’re also excited to announce that Triathlon Club of San Diego is volunteering in the transition area doing body marking for Ironman 70.3 Oceanside! So if you’re not racing and haven’t already signed up to volunteer, join the team on April 6, 2019 from 4:30-7:00am by signing up HERE. If you have any questions or are interested in being the Captain, please contact Steve Fink directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-296-7396.
March Club Events
- 3/3 – Black Mountain Duathlon
- 3/5 – March Tri 101 for Beginners
- 3/10 – Kids Open Water Swim Skill Practice
- 3/14 – March Club Meeting
- 3/16 – March Networking Dinner
- 3/18 – March TriClub Essentials
- 3/20 – March Social Event
- 3/30 – San Diego Kids Splash & Dash
A quick reminder that the following workouts will resume in March! Please follow their groups on Facebook for updates throughout the season (click the links below).
- Open Water Swim Workout: Join coach Bill Gleason starting Thursday, March 14 at 5:30pm for an open water swim workout like no other at Ventura Cove. Please note this workout will be every other Thursday this year.
- Run and Strength Workout: Check out the brand new track at Grossmont College for speed work with coach Mark Alfaro starting Thursday, March 14 at 6:30pm. Parking is $2 and most people park in Lot 4 across from the track.
- Beginners Open Water Swim (BOWS): All beginners (and beginners at heart) are welcome to join the BOWS crew at Bonita Cove starting Thursday, March 21 at 6:00pm. Also be on the lookout for more beginner workouts starting soon!
Lastly, we’d like to give a shout-out to our new and returning sponsors so far for 2019! Discount codes will be released soon as contracts are still being finalized, but we will have more amazing raffle prizes at our March Club Meeting to give away in the meantime. Also, don’t forget that the Zoot TCSD Kit Store is currently re-open until March 10! Be sure to check our our newest additions including arm warmers, knee warmers, hoodies, half zips, and youth kits!
- Zoot Sports
- Canyon Bicycles
- Xterra Wetsuits
- Zone 3
- Rudy Project
- Blast Radius Coffee
- KOZ Events