May Monthly Update
View the full email here.
Thank you Marsha for another fabulous social tonight at Ballast Point! Apologies this update was not sent out sooner, but if you want to keep up-to-date with all the upcoming social events, please join the Tri Club San Diego – Social Fun group on Facebook. We’re also excited to announce that our summer potlucks are back on! The first La Jolla Shores Potluck of the year will be Friday, May 31 at 6:30pm. Come early for a swim beforehand and the food theme is “Summer Time Grilling.” Can’t wait to see everybody there!
We also want to thank all our amazing volunteers who helped out in the month of April! From our Ironman 70.3 Oceanside Cheer Tent to the Great Western Loop Duathlon to the Kids Open Water Swim Clinic, our volunteers are what make this the best triathlon club in the world. And our volunteer slots are already full for the Spring Sprint Triathlon expo this upcoming Saturday! Hope to see everyone out racing on Sunday and if you’re not, we always need more swim buddies to help out with the swim. Be sure to sign up below!
Visit our volunteer page on the website to sign-up for these and all of our upcoming volunteer opportunities throughout the year!
May Club Events
- 5/5 – Spring Sprint Triathlon (Swim Buddies)
- 5/9 – May Club Meeting
- 5/11 – May Networking Dinner
- 5/18 – Beginner Transition Clinic
- 5/19 – Self-Transcendence La Jolla Swim Run
- 5/19 – Kids Aquathlon Practice
- 5/29 – May Fiesta Island Time Trial
- 5/30 – May BOWS Time Trial
- 5/31 – May La Jolla Shores Swim & Potluck
Our NEW Beginner Program is in full swing with three weekly workouts specifically geared towards beginners (see details below). We will also be having our first beginner clinic on Saturday, May 18 at Bonita Cove. Bring all your race gear for race discussion and hands-on experience!
- Beginner Run Workout
Tuesdays 6:00pm at Road Runner, 5553 Copley Dr
- Beginner Bike Workout
Wednesdays 6:00pm at Fiesta Island, Mission Bay
- Beginner Open Water Swim (BOWS)
Thursdays 6:00pm at Bonita Cove, Mission Bay
Just a few reminders…
- TCSD Zoot Store is open through midnight on Wednesday, May 8! To order new kits and club apparel go to https://custom.zootsports.com/triclubSD2.
- Questions or suggestions about the club? Be sure to e-mail email@example.com for the quickest, most up-to-date response.
- Have content you want to add to the monthly update? Please-mail firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the 1st of each month.