TCSD is proud to support Medals4Mettle. We will be collecting medals and cash donations at various events throughout the year.
From Coach Craig Zelent:
I wanted to let you know that I have volunteered to be the San Diego Chapter Coordinator for Medals4Mettle, a non-profit organization that facilitates the gifting of marathon, half marathon and triathlon finishers' medals. Our network of volunteers then awards these medals attached to a Medals4Mettle (M4M) ribbon to children and adults fighting debilitating illnesses who might not be able to run a race, but are in a race of their own just to continue to live their life. It is in honor of this mettle and courage in bravely facing these challenges that they are awarded a medal.
I have been affiliated with M4M for 10+ years, but just to the extent of collecting finishers' medals. I have decided to take a leadership role going forward. This entails a few basic responsibilities:
- Collect finisher medals that meet our criteria: Marathon, half marathon and any distance triathlon.
- Raise funds. We incur a cost of $2.50 per Medals4Mettle ribbon.
- Process the medals. Clean and polish the medals, then attach the Medals4Mettle ribbon.
- Award the medals to our very worthy recipients.
How can you help?
- Gather up your qualified finisher medals and give them to me. If you want to go the extra mile, then fill out the attached Legacy Card for each medal (not required).
- Make a tax deductible donation to Medals4Mettle and designate your funds to go to the San Diego Chapter. M4M has 501c3 tax deductible status (Tax ID # is 35-2260007).
- Donate your time - we will need help to process the medals as well as award the medals.
Here is the link to donate by credit card or PayPal.
VERY IMPORTANT: Please make certain to designate the "San Diego Chapter" in the Notes field like this in yellow highlighter:
If you would prefer to mail a check, then please make it payable to Medals4Mettle (and write San Diego Chapter in memo field) and mail to 450 East 96th Street, Suite 500, Indianapolis, IN 46240.
If you have questions, please let me know. Thank you!
IRONMAN U Certified Coach
USA Triathlon Level 1 Certified Coach
TCSD Ironman & Ironman 70.3 Coach